Friday, February 12, 2010

First Posting

Photography is a passion that is growing inside of me. I absolutely love to take pictures and I have ever since I can remember. For some reason I really like photos of scenery. I can be driving down the road and see the sun setting and think to myself, that would make a wonderful picture. But it is hard to use my Nikon D40 and drive down the road. It was easier with my smaller camera but I wouldn't trade my Nikon for anything now.

Some people say that I should take more pictures of people because you can see how they change over the years. I know that is true but sometimes I like working with a subject that doesn't move or put their own input in. But I do have my moments when I do take pictures of people. Just depends on my mood. I am trying to take more people pictures though.

This picture I took on Tuesday February 2nd, 2010. This building sits right below my house. For some reason every time it snows I always take a picture of it. It was my papaw's building that he worked in. I've always called it the shop, as does everyone else in my family. Anytime that my papaw wasn't at home he could be found at the shop working on something. Once he passed away it was hard to think about the shop with him not in it. But I have my many memories of the shop and papaw.

This building is still standing and is still in the family and I can take as many pictures of it as I want and any time I want.



No comments:

Post a Comment